Best Professional Chainsaw 2021:
- 1 Best Professional Chainsaw 2021:
- 2 Advice on which is the best to choose
- 2.1 The best professional chainsaw
- 2.2 How a chainsaw is designed
- 2.3 Video: How to Use a Chainsaw
- 2.4 What is evaluated when choosing a chainsaw?
- 2.5 Evaluating the ease of use of a professional chainsaw
- 2.6 Video – Guide to best professional chainsaw Selection
- 2.7 Conclusion
Advice on which is the best to choose
Using the “grandfatherly” approach with ordinary and two-handed saws, axes, pruning shears is quite possible, but it takes a lot of time, which is usually not enough, and requires considerable physical effort. It is good that in our time there is an opportunity to purchase modern mechanized tools that greatly simplify labor-intensive operations. Thus, chainsaws are in great demand, due to the convenience of working with them and complete autonomy – independence from the presence of a power source. But for the tool to justify the hopes of its owner, it is necessary to understand how to choose the best professional chainsaw correctly, what you should pay special attention to when buying.
Experienced users, who have been using chainsaws in their daily work for a long time, surely know the main selection criteria. But for those who are only going to buy this useful “helper” for the first time, to begin with, it is worth at least a little understanding of the chainsaw device – so that it becomes clear what it will be about when assessing the characteristics of the tool.
The best professional chainsaw
|Buy on Home Depot|
|Buy on Home Depot|
|Buy on Home Depot|
|Buy on Home Depot|
|Husqvarna 120 |
|Buy on Home Depot|
|WEN 4017||Buy on Home Depot|
|Craftsman 41AY4216791 |
|Buy on Home Depot|
|Buy on Home Depot|
1. DEWALT 20V MAX XR (DCCS620B)
The 20V MAX * XR Compact 12 in. Cordless Chainsaw deals with your existing 20V MAX * batteries. The gas-free procedure gets rid of the chilly starts, fumes, carburetor issues, and also upkeep included with gas-powered power saws. This battery-powered chainsaw is constructed to strive. Use it for difficult building as well as exterior work like cutting beams, a demolition job, and also managing tree limbs. The lightweight design makes the most of customer control. Brushless electric motor technology supplies extreme runtime and long electric motor life.
- Reduced sit back 12 in. Oregon bar and also chain for building as well as outdoor reducing applications
- Compact, lightweight design (9 pounds. with battery) for optimum customer control
- High-efficiency brushless electric motor maximizes runtime and motor life
- Up to 90 cuts per cost on 4×4 pressure treated timber (making use of a 20V MAX * 5Ah battery).
- Tool-free chain tensioning as well as bar tightening knob for proper bar clamping force.
- Part of the 20V MAX * system of devices.
2. BLACK+DECKER 20V Max (LCS1020B).
The black & decker lcs1020 20V MAX * Lithium Ion Chainsaw supplies the convenience of cordless ability to move with the required power and performance for cutting through completely dry wood and live logs. This system is powered by a 20V MAX 2.0 aH Lithium battery (marketed individually) for long run-time, lengthy life, and remains charged up to 5x as lengthy *. This professional chainsaw includes a 10-inch Low-Kickback Oregon Bar and chain that is created to be heavy? responsibility and also easy to use. As an included benefit, this saw deals with tool-free chain tensioning and also gives serious reducing power as well as fast, efficient cuts. Additionally, there’s no requirement for hand-operated fueling oil with this chainsaw as this device has an enhanced vehicle oiling system with a guide button for oiling with a home window to evaluate the oil degree.
- 20V MAX Cordless 10 in. Lithium-Ion Power saw is an excellent cordless option for power and also transportability.
- LCS1020B design uses 20V Max Lithium-Ion batteries, which provide as much as 5x longer usage, for expanded run-time and also lengthy life.
- Characterized by a 10 in. premium Oregon low-kickback bar and also chain, this saw produces fast, tidy cuts because of its style that decreases resonances.
- It likewise makes use of a conventional guide. Without the need for hand-operated oiling, the tool-free blade tension system permits less complicated operation and fast modifications.
- Its lightweight layout, together with a wrap-around bundle deal, offers the ability to move, reduced exhaustion, as well as increased control and also comfort.
- Also, as an included feature, this system has an enhanced oiling system with a clear home window to determine oil degree.
- Features 10 in. Oregon low-kickback bar and chain for smooth as well as quick cuts.
- Oiling system for lubrication of bar and chain 10 in. reduced capability for a vast array of cuts Tool-less chain tensioning for rapid as well as easy changes.
- Light-weight design for portability.
- Wrap-around bundle handle for driver control and also convenience.
3. Greenworks 20312 G-MAX 40V 16-Inch
Greenworks 16-inch 40v cordless professional chainsaw perfect for backyards approximately 1/2 acre, devices are light-weight, begin quickly, and require essentially no maintenance– no gas, no oil, no mess– yet still supply gas-like power.
- Brushless electric motor for even more torque, silent operation, and longer life
- This electric motor delivers up to 30% even more torque for the greatest cutting performance
- Brushless motor design provides 70% less vibration for user comfort while working
- 16″ bar as well as chain ideal for taking on the laborious
- Automatic oiler uses oil to the bench and also chain to make sure longevity and also prolong the life of the chain
- Digital chain brake protects against unintentional kick-backs
- Inconvenience complimentary button begin
- Consists of one 40V 4.0 Ah battery and charger
- 3 Year Minimal Device & Battery Service Warranty
4. WORX WG303.1, 14.5 Amp 16-inch
The effect 16″ 14.5 Amp Worx electric chainsaw is packed with modern-day comforts that make it easy to use. The auto-tensioning and also auto-lubrication systems see to it this saw is always in peak operating condition. These features offer the individual a perfectly tightened as well as well-oiled chain, which not just substantially increases the cutting effectiveness, but also extends the life of the tool. And also the integrated oil storage tank has a window, so you can see just how much oil you have left. The chain brake closes the chain down rapidly when you require it to. The metal spike bumper grabs right into the timber so you have a much safer, smoother cut. And also the specially created full-wrap front deal with as well as back rubber grasp provide you choices to locate a comfy hand-hold.
This professional chainsaw has a 14″ cord. The extension cord owner keeps them off the beaten track and also lets you decipher much more as you need to. And it’s only 11 lbs without the oil, so anybody can bring it around the backyard as well as use it for extended periods. The 14.5 Amp electric motor makes use of a 120V ~ 60 Hz power supply and rotates the chain at 32 ft/s. The 16″ chain will certainly fell a standing tree of 16″ in diameter as well as conveniently cut up a 30″ log that is already on the ground. That chain has 57 links, and also a pitch of 3/8″, and a gauge of 0.05″. This is a rugged power saw, made to ensure that anyone can deal with backyard tasks with self-confidence.
- 14.5 Amp electric motor outcome delivers a reducing performance similar to gas power saws for property owners, farmers, and herdsman
- Patented auto-tension chain system stops over-tightening; remain at the appropriate stress for hundreds of uses
- Low kickback bar as well as integrated chain brake for added safety. This version does not include a battery. This is an electric device. Chain Speed: 12m/s. Ranked Voltage: 120V ~ 60Hz.
- Automatic oil lubrication and also built-in oil tank with home window level indication and chain pitch is 3/8 inch, chain gauge is 0.05 inch, oil container capacity is 200 ml.
- Includes 3-year producer’s service warranty.
- Chain Hyperlinks – 57.
5. Husqvarna 120 Mark II
Reducing rate: How fast a saw cut through a 10-inch-square oak beam of light.
Safety: Contain kickback intensity, the possibility for shed due to unintended contact with the muffler, and storage safety– how well protected the reducing chain is from unexpected get in touch with during storage.
- Alleviate of use: Based on engine-starting convenience (the ordinary number of pulls to start), guide as well as choke location as well as operation, and also the simplicity of readjusting the cutting chain’s tightness, checking as well as including liquids, and also accessing the air filter as well as ignition system. The best professional chainsaw on the market.
- Air Injection: Centrifugal air cleaning system removes larger dirt as well as debris bits before getting to the air filter. This results in reduced air filter cleansings as well as enhanced engine life.
- X-Torq: Delivers lower fuel usage and also lower exhaust emission levels based on the world´s most rigorous environmental regulations.
- Combined choke/stop control: Permits a simpler beginning and minimizes the risk of engine flooding.
- LowVib: System created to reduce vibration degrees to the driver, which reduces fatigue.
- Air Purge: Inertia turned on-chain brake
- Cylinder displacement: 38.2 cc
- Power output: 1.88 hp
- Weight (excl. cutting tools): 10.7 lbs
6. WEN 4017
The WEN 4017 is an amazing option if you’re discovering a problem in cutting down trees, logs, or branches with your present professional chainsaw. It features a remarkable light-weight layout, a 12 Amp electric motor that draws power from the electric cable, as well as an ergonomic rubber-clad manage.
The superiorly performing Oregon chain runs at speeds of up to 44 feet per second. When it comes to upkeep, it is relatively convenient. The car oiling system lubes the 16-inch chain and also bar throughout the operation, prolonging the life-span of both the saw as well as the blade. The best chainsaw brand.
- Trick Features:
- It has a 16-inch chain and also a bar.
- It is corded as well as has a 12 Amp motor.
- Ergonomic deals with and also light-weight style.
- An automobile oiling system and also has steel gears.
7. Craftsman 41AY4216791 S165
Our professional chainsaw includes a 42cc full-crank, high-output engine to supply steady power The 16 in. low-kickback bar and also chain undergo also the hardest wood swiftly as well as conveniently. It is furnished with Easy Begin Modern technology for simpler pull starts to get the job done fast. The supported full-wrap manage and 3-point anti-vibration system make this power saw well balanced, maneuverable, and also comfortable to operate. It includes a flexible automatic oiler, inertia-activated chain brake, as well as tool-free accessibility to air filters as well as spark plug to improve the design of the power saw. A durable bring instance and 2-cycle oil are consisted of with purchase.
- ENGINE EFFICIENCY: 42cc full-crank, high-output engine supplies constant power.
- STRAIGHTFORWARD PULL BEGINS: Easy Beginning Innovation
- LOW KICKBACK: Low-kickback 16 in. bar and also chain experiences even the most difficult timber quickly and also quickly
- HIGHER CONTROL: Bucking spikes provide utilize for much easier, more regulated sawing
- SAFETY AND SECURITY: Inertia-activated chain brake stops chain instantly
- MUCH LESS MAINTENENCE: Flexible automated oiler maintains the bar and also chain in quality condition
- MINIMIZES RESONANCE: Cushioned full-wrap lightweight aluminum manage and 3-point anti-vibration system makes this chainsaw well balanced, maneuverable, and comfy to run
- SIMPLE MAINTENENCE: Tool-free accessibility to filter and also spark plug for very easy maintenance
8. Makita XCU04PT1 (36 В) LXT
Landscaping companies, as well as professionals, are requiring more cordless choices to gas-powered exterior power equipment. Makita is fulfilling the need with an increasing line of cordless OPE, including the 18V X2 (36V) LXT ® Brushless 16″ Chain Saw (XCU04PT1). With absolutely no exhausts, lower noise, and also significantly much less upkeep, the XCU04PT1 is a welcome service for reducing as well as trimming applications. It’s powered by two 18V LXT ® Batteries for maximum power, rate as well as run-time, however without leaving the strongly-preferred 18V battery platform. And also with the effective Makita external rotor brushless electric motor with the straight drive system, customers obtain high power efficiency that is equivalent to a gas chain saw. This best chainsaw for the money.
This professional chainsaw XCU04PT1 has a 16″ guide bar and also the Makita-built Outer Rotor BL ™ Brushless Electric motor direct drive system electric motor with variable speed provides 0-3,940 FPM for boosted cutting rate. It has no discharges and decreased upkeep: there’s no engine oil to transform, no ignition system to change, as well as no air filter or muffler to tidy. As well as there’s no need to drain the fuel for storage space. Merely choose it up, lots two 18V LXT ® Lithium-Ion batteries and the saw prepares to use. Convenience functions consist of tool-less chain changes, a front hand guard crafted to activate chain brake when engaged, an electric brake for optimum productivity, and extra.
- No gas, emissions, oil blending, or pull begins with minimized upkeep and low sound levels
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL ™ Brushless Electric motor direct-drive system provides the power of a 32cc gas chain saw
- Two 18V LXT ® Lithium-Ion batteries supply power and also efficiency without leaving the 18V LXT ® system
- ” Tool-less” chain change for hassle-free procedure as well as upkeep
- Variable-rate trigger as well as high chain rate (0-3,940 FPM) for enhanced reducing efficiency
- Adjustable automated chain lubrication with large oil reservoir
- Huge oil loading port with sight window enables the driver to conveniently add and check the bar oil level
- Built-in L.E.D. on/off switch with vehicle power-off feature; automatically shuts the saw off when the procedure is delayed for extended battery life
- Rubberized soft hold top deal with is crafted for the customer to more conveniently use even reducing stress
- Features Extreme Defense Innovation (XPT ™) which is crafted to give enhanced dirt and water resistance in rough task website conditions
How a chainsaw is designed
The range of chain saws is very wide, as they are used in a variety of applications.
- This is an indispensable tool both in companies engaged in industrial logging and in forestry, carrying out regular work on clearing arrays of deadwood or unnecessary brushwood.
- In construction, the professional chainsaw is used in the preparation of wooden parts of the erected structures, cutting window and door openings in log or beam logs, selecting the necessary grooves or splines, and for many other operations.
- The variety of domestic, household applications of the chainsaw has already been mentioned above – it is an indispensable assistant of a good homeowner.
- Not only that, in the skillful hands of the master, the chainsaw becomes a tool for creating artistic works – logs or stakes are transformed into unique garden wooden sculptures.
But despite such a wide range of uses, all chainsaws have approximately the same design and work according to the same principle.
First, let’s look at the chainsaw:
The entire main structure of the saw is covered by a plastic or metal housing (item 1). Inside is the power unit (engine) and the components and mechanisms that ensure its start-up and operation. The upper part of the housing has a removable cover (item 2), which allows access to the power and ignition systems.
Every saw has two operating handles. The front handle is in the form of an arch around the top of the housing (item 3), and the rear handle (item 4), with the controls located on it.
In the front part of the chainsaw, there is a guide bar (item 5), with a saw chain, stretched on it (item 6).
The power unit is started with the manual starter, the handle of which is located on the left side of the housing (item 7). Most models have a special manual pump button (item 8) for priming the carburetor. It is most often marked with an indicator “Primer”.
The ignition switch (item 9) is located near the rear handle so that you can easily reach it with your finger.
There are always two filler necks on the left side of the housing – for filling the saw with fuel (item 10) and for filling the chain and bar lubrication system tank (item 11). The necks are closed with sealed plugs. The position of the nozzles may differ from the example shown in the illustration, but there are always inscriptions or pictograms that indicate the intended use of the filling tank.
The engine speed is controlled by the throttle key (pos. 12), located on the rear handle of the saw. On top of the handle, there is necessarily one more key – a stop key (item 13), without pressing which it is impossible to transfer the control action to the throttle. This is one of the safety frontiers for your work.
In front of the front handle, there is always a special safety shield (item 14), which is kinematically connected with the emergency brake of the chain.
On the opposite side of the chainsaw, there is a metal or plastic cover (item 15), which covers the rotation transmission from the engine to the drive sprocket of the saw chain. There is also a mechanism for adjusting the chain tension and lubrication, as well as two fastening nuts (item 16), which fix the set position of the bar.
Video: How to Use a Chainsaw
What is evaluated when choosing a chainsaw?
What are the criteria for evaluating the tool that you should pay special attention to when buying a chainsaw?
Intended use of the tool
To begin with, it is necessary to imagine what volume of work will fall on the chainsaw, and with what regularity. The choice of the required model depends on this in the first place.
- If there is a need to perform small works with a low frequency, for example, one-time preparation of firewood for a fireplace or barbecue, pruning of trees, performing simple operations when processing wooden workpieces, then it is possible to limit the purchase of an inexpensive model, belonging to the class of household chainsaws.
These tools are usually designed for very short continuous work – within 20 ÷ 30 minutes, and not more than 1.5 ÷ 2 hours a day in total. But even in this mode, it is not recommended to exceed the threshold of 20 hours of its use within a month. The motor life of the unit is low, usually within 400 hours of operation, and to keep the chainsaw “helper” as long as possible, requires appropriate, very rational use.
The power of the power unit of a domestic chainsaw usually does not exceed 1.5 kW, and the cylinder volume is about 40 cm³. Domestic class saws, as a rule, have a very effective muffler, which reduces to the possible minimum the noise effect from their operation.
With all these disadvantages these chainsaws have undeniable advantages. These are compactness and low weight. Such qualities allow the domestic class tool to be used by almost everyone, regardless of the level of physical fitness of the person.
- The second class of chainsaws is semi-professional, or as they are often called – “farm”.
his is already a serious enough tool to withstand several hours of continuous operation (about 4 hours a day). The power of the power unit reaches 2 ÷ 2,5 kW, the cylinder volume – up to 60 cm³.
Such a chainsaw is quite suitable for any household needs, including – regular cutting of firewood, piling of small trees, and their sawing into logs, to perform a variety of construction operations. Most often such saws are used by carpenters in the construction of a log or log houses. Such saws are also used in the logging industry, but only for clearing trunks of knots and branches.
The service life of such a chainsaw is usually about 1000 hours. For the “arsenal” of a country house owner who permanently resides in it, this seems to be the best option.
Of course, the dimensions and weight of the chainsaw are already much higher than the tools of the household class, and the work with it will require a certain degree of preparedness.
- Finally, the professional chainsaw. Their very name speaks for itself – they are designed for uninterrupted work during the working shift – up to eight, and even more hours, under heavy loads.
This professional chainsaw always have a powerful power unit (3 kW and above, with a cylinder volume from 60 to 90 cm³), a distinctly long bar, allowing to work with thick trunks, “aggressive” shape and sharpening the teeth of the chain, capable of sawing dense wood even in severe frost. The motor life is measured in thousands of hours.
Such a tool is used, as a rule, at logging sites. To use it for household needs is both unprofitable and inconvenient. Benzosaws of this class are always massive and bulky, so they will not be good helpers in construction, either. The functioning of the saw is always accompanied by a fairly high level of noise: in the conditions of the forest – it is not principal, but for home, use is unlikely to suit. Also, the work with professional tools requires a very high physical preparedness and appropriate qualification of the operators.
All other parameters of tool selection directly or indirectly depend on the chainsaw belonging to this or that class.
Evaluating the ease of use of a professional chainsaw
Studying the technical and operational characteristics of a chainsaw without “feeling” it with your hands is completely pointless. This tool belongs to the group of increased danger, so the chainsaw must fit perfectly “in the hand” of the master. And the owner himself must easily, without applying excessive force, direct the movement of the working saw bar.
To do this, the ergonomics of a particular model is necessarily evaluated when choosing.
- The chainsaw must be balanced – when fully assembled its center of gravity must be positioned in such a way that when lifting the tool by the front handle it would keep its balance. This is very important – you will not have to spend extra effort to keep the tool in a horizontal position, which means that fatigue from work will not come so quickly.
- The weight of the chainsaw is also evaluated – people have different physical abilities, and what seems easy to one may be too much for another.
- Be sure to evaluate the position of the safety guard in front of the front handle. It happens that in some domestic models the distance between the guard and the handle is very small. It will not be easy for a person with a strongly developed hand, and even wearing a work glove, to hold the tool when sawing – any movement may cause the brake to activate accidentally. Naturally, there will be no efficient work in such conditions – it will turn into sheer torture, and may end up in overheating of the brake drum. So, you will have to choose a bigger model.
- It is evaluated the hand comfort on the rear control handle. Pressing the gas pedal key, after triggering the safety key, must be comfortable for your fingers, without jamming. The ignition circuit interrupter toggle switch must be located within easy reach to instantly shut off the engine should the need arise.
- Even the smallest saw puts considerable vibration stress on the user’s hands during operation – this causes rapid fatigue, and if the tool is used frequently, it can even lead to chronic joint problems. That’s why manufacturers try to minimize the vibration impact by applying special elastic or spring dampers between the body and power unit and, in particular, between the body and the front handle of the chainsaw. This is also a point worth focusing on.
- When choosing a chainsaw, it is necessary to ask the seller for its fueling and starting. It is necessary to make sure that the engine starts easily, without problems, and smoothly, without failures, works at idle speed. You should try the “injectivity” of the engine, i.e. its adequate response to pressing the throttle control button. At the same time it is possible to verify the normal operation of the clutch assembly (no rotation should be transmitted to the chain at idle), and the emergency brake (pushing the shield forward should almost instantly stop the chain).
- With the chainsaw running, you can assess the degree of its noisiness, as well as the direction of the exhaust of the combustion products – this will later be important for choosing the working place and position of the tool, taking into account the wind direction or the location of doors (doors, windows, ventilation hood) in the workshop.
Video – Guide to best professional chainsaw Selection
After reading our reviews of the best professional chainsaw and buying guide, you must know that which chainsaw is right for you.